I got lucky last week and got to go watch Brooke during her gymnastics class at school on Thursday afternoon. It was so neat to go watch her and it struck me that I take for granted how athletic she is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not quite to that Olympic Gold Medalist mom point yet, but I was struck by how easy everything came to her and how well she did the things the coach asked of her. Several of our friends and family have remarked that she is naturally athletic, but because she's our oldest, we just assume that the things she does and the skill level she does them at is 'normal'. Watching her Thursday drove home to me that I need to make sure I don't take that for granted and acknowledge those abilities in her. It was so fun watching her enjoying the class. 
No comments:
Post a Comment