Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1000 words

Because I am so, so, so very far behind blogging and I fear I'll never catch up, I thought I'd let the pictures speak for themselves about what we've been up to the past 2 months (seriously, I went 2 months without an update?!  Shesh!)

Brooke became an official Girl Scout Daisy
Our school celebrated International Day and Brooke participated in the parade this year.  She chose to represent Ireland (my side of the family) with her friend Megan.  She loved it.
They said 42 countries were represented by the students at our elementary school and then we had a program where the kids could do a dance, sing a song or whatever else to celebrate their heritage. 
Pioneer Day at school (for those of you on Facebook, you saw the lovely pictures of me dressed up joining in the Pioneer Day fun) 
Here I am manning my station and teaching the children how to make wax candles (who was I kidding - I woulda never survived in Pioneer Days - no flat iron?!  WHAT?!)
This year I had extra help in the kitchen for the Thanksgiving meal - it was so much fun cooking with the girls! 
Gingerbread house making (and destroying/enjoying) with our dear friends. 
The Trains at Northpark - this year with Pawpa which totally made it even better than ever before. 
The first gymnastics meet of the season and some very impressive scores as well! 
Cooperative Christmas tree decorating 
Basketball season began! 
American Girl dolls for our birthdays!
A Christmas program at the preschool/after school care with all our lovely and lifelong friends.  (how seriously cute is this group?!)
A visit with the big man himself 
Brooke's class party
Our first year to take the girls to see Santa's Village - we knew they'd love it! 

Christmas at Christi's house! 


I'll post some more Christmas pictures as well, but as you can see we have been plenty busy.  I had every intention of catching up and blogging and doing all sorts of photo related and sharing items while I was off work the last two weeks of the year. But instead I put away the computer and just hung out with Roger, the girls and the rest of the family.  H-E-A-V-E-N-L-Y.


No comments: