We are extremely fortunate for a lot of reasons. One of these reasons got us a very unique outing for an evening. We got to go watch a K-9 competition. It was very cool to watch and be a part of.
One of the dogs searching for explosives
Another searcher
This was the winning dog (and the handler was a woman)
This dog was fast
and really, really pretty
I always take for granted that our family lives a little differently than other families because of Roger's occupation. The morning after we watched the competition, I was telling a friend of ours and she remarked, "You guys live such a different life." It struck me that we really do have unique experiences and these things I take for granted, and that I know the girls will take for granted. In some ways, it's neat and easy and fun. In other ways, we talk about, face and deal with things that other families never even have to think about. And I wouldn't change a thing about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment