Thursday, September 24, 2009

A first reward

I checked out Brooke's class website and found some more pictures of our most spectacular kindergartener.  Notice something unusual in this first picture?

No, I did NOT forget to tell her to put on her shoes.  She earned her first reward in Kindergarten!  If the teacher catches them exhibiting one of the six character traits of her school mascot, then they get to put a sticker on the chart.  When they have 10 stickers on their chart, they earn a reward.  The rewards range from sitting in the teacher chair all day, eating lunch with any friend you choose (they have assigned seats in the cafeteria) to (you guessed it) going the whole day without having to wear shoes.  Any surprise which one Brooke selected??  Nah, I didn't think so.  I think shoes might be her kryptonite the way she kicks them off the second she gets home or gets in the car.

Anyway, on the back of her note it said "Thank you for following directions."  She was so proud of herself for earning her reward and getting to not wear shoes all day at school.  We were equally proud of her as well. 

And since I'm sharing pictures from her school day....I'll share a few more

I'm guessing Briana has conditioned her to be a good client for a salon styling.  And look at her multi-tasking too....holding that baby while she gets her hair fixed.

Thank goodness her preschool used the same bubble concept for walking down the hall or being quiet (put a bubble in your mouth)...she's got this bubble business down pat!  Here she is showing off her bubble.

And a cool lunch time shot too. (that's her at the far side of the table facing the camera)

I am just loving having these sneak peeks into her day at school!!  Mr. G ROCKS!

No comments: