Saturday, September 5, 2009

Another 'small thing'

It's a goal of mine to always make sure my girls take time to stop and enjoy, and especially appreciate, their surroundings.  Some of the best things in life are the small things in your own back yard.  I especially love watching nature and I try to pass on that appreciation to the girls.  I love animals, sunsets, clouds, flowers, trees (oh how I love trees), bugs - you get the idea.  Snakes sort of wig me out, but I'm not opposed to letting them be (unless they are the venomous kind - then I'm all for killing them).  
Let's see, just in the last two months I've taken pictures of lizards, grasshoppers, hummingbirds, dragonflies (and, by the way, I did snag a picture of a blue dragon fly - I'll post it soon) and now, we'll add one more to the list....
I'm pretty sure the girls appreciate nature even more than I do (they always take time to follow dragon flies, butterflies or crickets; they catch and release lizards and grasshoppers and most of the time spot something very unique and beautiful before I do.) 

No comments: