Wednesday, December 23, 2009

3

December 7th - Briana is 3

I took this picture 9 minutes before you turned 3.  December 7, 2006 at 7:45 am our world was completely changed and made more complete because of the addition of a very dark headed, very vocal little girl (you were screaming before the doctor could even get you out).  Briana, you are my heart.  You are so much like your Daddy and you melt my heart when I look at you and hold you.  I think that's why God gave us a mini version of Daddy. 

Your eyes are soulful and tell an amazing story.  Your smile is mega-watt.  You are passionate (holy cow, are you passionate!)  You know what you want and you do everything in your power to get it.  You are funny.  You seem to be super empathetic.  Your connection with Nana still amazes me.  You are smart and beautiful.  Every day, the last 3 years, has been full of surprises with you and I know those surprises won't stop any time soon.  I love watching you look up to Brooke and trying to be like her.  It makes me chuckle to know that when you get in trouble, you will apologize, but it will be on your time and your terms - and there is no changing that either.  I love, love, love that you still twirl my hair when you need comforting or are tired.  You are 39 3/4 inches tall and weigh 33.1 pounds (the doctor says this puts you in the 95th percentile for height and the 75th percentile for weight).  You are taller than Brooke was at this age, so you may surpass your big sister in height (don't worry, Brookie, Aunt Jenny was taller than me too).  You can correctly write some of your letters, can identify all the shapes and colors and so much more.  You are quite the gymnast and I love watching you dance.  I admire the way you approach a new situation (you may appear timid, but you still tackle the new situation head on) and can already see the amazing potential you possess in becoming a remarkable adult.  I love you so, so very much.  I am thankful beyond measure that you are my baby girl.  I love you, Missy Pie (potato head, Bob). ;)

No comments: