Saturday, February 27, 2010
Friends
Since most of you know that I grew up in Dumas (and, heck, most of you grew up in Dumas with me), you know how blessed we all were to grow up with so many wonderful families from Chile. They made Dumas their 'temporary home' until they could go back to their home. And they made each of us part of their family. Shortly after we graduated from high school, several of the families went back to Chile. One of my bestest friends was one of those families. They settled back at "home" and we kept in touch with writing letters for a few years. Then, as life often plays out, we lost touch with each other. Fast forward 15 years and technology has allowed us to reconnect. I love Facebook for this very reason. This moring, I woke up and turned on the news to learn (with the rest of the world, that Chile had been rocked by an earthquake). Now I sit and wait like so many millions of other friends and families. It's torture, it's agonizing and yet, I have so much hope. I'm humbly asking each of you to please pray for my friends and their safety - the Aguileras, the Aguayos, the Heurtas, to name a few. My heart still very much feels that Pini is alive and well (along with her family), but my head sure could use a little confirmation right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment