Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Showcase 2010

Brooke had her fall showcase (aka open house) while Gammy was in town and we were all super, super excited to take Gammy to our school and show her what all Brooke is learning in 1st grade.  I think Gammy might have been as excited about it as we were!

Here's Brooke showing Briana how to do a writing exercise
 And Brooke with her terrific teacher, Mrs. K.
We got to see the ways they teach Brooke to write, read, do math, learn science and social studies.  It was so neat to learn about all the different, and fun, techniques the teachers use.  No wonder my child is learning so much so fast and always tells me she "played" when I asked her what she did at school.  I am so grateful that she loves learning and that the teachers we have had have pegged her personality early on and challenged, encouraged and supported her. We are extremely blessed to be in the school we are in. 

No comments: