Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Conversations
Had another conversation with Brooke last night and was reminded that we have different conversations with our kids than some other families do, simply because of Roger's profession. Last night was the first time she asked about Roger's vest. I guess it's just always been part of his uniform, but she questioned why he had to wear it last night. We told her it was to keep him from getting hurt, but as we were answering her question, it occurred to me that at some point, she will get the gravity of why he wears that vest. It also reminded me that while right now she thinks Daddy's job is the coolest in the whole world and all her friends think that too. At some point, she will encounter people who have no respect for what Daddy does and who don't think he has the coolest job in the world. I know she'll always be proud of what he does, as I am incredibly proud of him and his career.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment