Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend recap

The girls and I got to go down Friday after I got off work to see Tammy. We hadn't gotten to see her new apartment and hadn't seen her in way too long. We had a great time and she has a great apartment. Brooke & Briana were LOVING being with Aunt Tammy. We went down on Friday evening and all day Saturday Briana would say, 'Aunt Namy go??' asking where Tammy was. I remember when I was a kid that being with Aunt Tammy was about the coolest thing ever. It's neat to see my girls feeling the same way. We had dinner and took a walk back to the pool and just hung out and had a blast. Of course the girls had to get in the water at the pool so Tammy dried their clothes before we headed back home. We didn't get to see Rich since it was Friday after work, but maybe next time. Brooke has made me promise that the next time we'll get to spend the night. I think she almost would have stayed without me, she wanted to stay so badly!

On Saturday we went to Lowe's to build pirate ships. These kids builds are the best thing. Both of the girls love them. Denise & Roman met us there and they all three built pirate ships. I'm pretty shocked at how skilled Briana has already gotten with the hammer.


It's a little hard to tell in these pictures, but both Brooke & Briana stick their tongues out when they are working or concentrating. That's a trait I know lots of my family does...Mom, Poppy, some of my aunts, etc.

On Sunday we got to meet Christi and Gracie at the park - silly me forgot my camera, so I have no shots from that, but the girls all had a blast together. Gracie's getting so big and is just so incredibly cute. Christi gave me this awesome picture of her and Gracie. I'll have to scan it in and post it on here. It was really a beautiful shot. Brooke & Gracie were inseparable and I was reminded how much Brooke enjoys having her cousin close. We really have to get them together more often. Briana met a new friend while we were there. A little 3 year old boy named Christian. When he left she kept asking for the "boy". She'd ask me "where boy go?" They were cute together - running and laughing and sliding.

No comments: