Monday, September 22, 2008

More coming...

I promise I will post about our fun activities this past weekend (we had quite an adventurous one!). Briana and I have just arrived home from spending 6 hours at the pediatrician's office, so I need to get some stuff done before I can post. Mommy-hood is definitely not for wimps. Briana was sick all weekend. It started on Friday with a low grade fever and her being incredibly miserable. We took her to see her doctor just to make sure it wasn't her ears or strep. Well, they were both fine, so we were sent home with instructions to keep her hydrated and let the virus run it's course. Saturday morning we woke up and Briana's urine smelled very bad (an awful lot like Mom's does when she has a bladder infection). So, I made sure she got lots of fluid on Saturday, just to make sure it wasn't dehydration. She kept running fever all weekend. Urine smell improved, but was still a little 'off'. Last night she told me it hurt her back when she pottied. Then at 2:00 this morning, her fever jumped to 103.4. SO this morning, we went to the doctor to check for a UTI. They put the bag on her at 10 and proceeded to check her ears again (just in case). Ears were clear. We waited and waited and waited. Finally at noon they sent me to go get some lunch with her and come back. She FINALLY went to the bathroom at 2:45 this afternoon (after she grabbed her lower back and told me it hurt). The urine specimen was clear - no protein, no blood. So, now I'm feeling like an overreacting momma who doesn't know how to let a virus run it's course, but still wondering why she tells me it hurts when she potties. If her fever comes back this evening, then they will do blood work tomorrow.

No comments: