The girls and I drove out to Mt. Pleasant (which, by the way, doesn't actually take 2 hours and 15 minutes from my house...as indicated by Google maps) - we were WAY early (by WAY, I mean 2 hours) but their incredibly kind pastor let us in the church and gave my daughters the run of the place. They made good use of the toddler room and all the fun toys as well as the gym and he gave me a tour of the church and sanctuary so I could get some good ideas of taking pictures.
Tammy, the boys, Cindy and Freddy arrived about 15 minutes after we did. Tammy was a bit on the nervous side, to say the least. Cindy & Tammy put together her bouquet and then Cindy and I set up the greenery in the church and helped in any way we could. Both Brent & Connor both looked so grown and so very handsome - I still have to pinch myself and remind myself they aren't the little adorable toddlers I used to babysit (man, I'm getting OLD). They did a great job of walking their mom down the aisle and giving her away. As soon as Rich saw Tammy, he started crying. You could see the love in his eyes. Rich looked very handsome and Tammy looked beautiful, as always. The ceremony was so nice and I really liked the things the pastor said - it was so personal and uplifting.
Congratulations Tammy and Rich! And welcome to the family, Uncle Rich (or as Roger likes to say...you poor schmuck, you have no idea what you've signed on for - and in all honesty, we are a bit on the overwhelming side...as families go- think "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" kind of family).
I wish much laughter, many blessings and lots of love for the two of you. My greatest wish for the two of you is that throughout the years your love for each other will so deepen and grow, that years from now you will look back on this day, your wedding day, as the day you loved each other the least.
No comments:
Post a Comment