Let me preface this by saying that I am not a person who remembers her dreams. I'm sure I do dream on a regular basis, but I'd say that in my life time, I've been able to recall probably a dozen dreams (and that may be stretching it). It's just not something that I am able to do. I'll also say that since Mom died, I have woken up every morning (except once) between 3:00 and 4:00 for no real explainable reason. Some of my friends and family have speculated that I've been dreaming but that I just don't remember what I was dreaming.
Early this morning (sometime before 3:45) I saw my mom. I can't describe it very well, but I remember she was standing at the foot of my bed and was smiling at me. She was very healthy and looked very happy. She just stood there, watching me. I didn't interact with her except that I felt so at peace and so warm while she was standing there. I can't remember what she was wearing, but I know it was nothing I'd ever seen her wear. She looked very much like she looked when I was younger and she was healthier. Her smile was incredible and her eyes were just like they always were - magical, happy, loving and peaceful. I know I didn't want her to leave and I wanted to press in my memory exactly how she looked and how I felt. She didn't speak to me and I didn't speak to her, but I got the feeling she knew what I was thinking and I knew that she was watching over me and reminding me how much she loved me and how proud she is of me.
I woke up at 3:45 because Briana was crying for me. I remember Mom's face perfectly. And I hope that I don't forget that ever. It was comforting for me. I'm not entirely convinced it was just a 'dream', but even if it was, I think that God allowed me to see her like that and allowed me to remember what I saw so that I would feel comforted and would be reminded that He was fulfilling His promise to her. She was whole, she was healthy, she was happy and she was at peace. I know that she is very much all of those things and so many more. God is definitely rewarding her and I'm so glad that I got a small glimpse of her at peace with Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment