Monday, August 25, 2008

Junior High!

EEKS! My nephew started junior high today. WOW! Where did the time go and where is that cute chili bowl hair cut three year old that stole my heart?? Matt & Jen took him to his orientation last week and we were hoping for a certain track of teachers (SO miss that about my hometown - I had a lot of his teachers and know most of them and know which ones would suit which types of learning). He got the track we were all hoping for. I think he'll have a great year. He's going to be playing JV tennis and is in the band. He cut his two rows of liberty spikes off on Friday and is sporting a very tasteful do right now. Was talking to Jenny the other night and she said that when her kiddos went off to kindergarten, it didn't really bother her one bit, she was excited for them and not really nostalgic. But she said something about him going to junior high has her feeling very nostalgic. Oh and she told me she felt old too, but I quickly reminded her that when my oldest starts junior high, I will be 42 so she can't say she is old (she's only 31). Rabeka got the same 3rd grade teacher that Timothy had, so we were all very glad about that. The class bully is in her class again, so please say a prayer that he leaves her alone this year. He made the end of the school year very difficult for Rabeka last year. Jenny said she's going to have a talk with both the teacher and principal about it at the beginning of the year and if things stay on the bullying track, Rabeka will have full permission to punch him (that kid better look out!) ha.
Jen starts her next semester of nursing school tomorrow. I'm so incredibly proud of her. This semester, her clinicals are in labor & delivery and in surgery. She's very excited about that, but dreads the classroom part. I know she'll do great though - she has such an innate talent and passion. I can't tell you how much of a natural she is and how wonderful she is. She's going to excel and blow them away again this semester. She's also still caring for mom's wound and is doing a great job nursing mom. The home health nurses have even commented on her skill in dressing the wound and taking care of it.
So, good luck to all three of you this year. I am so proud of each of you and I love you all so, so very much!

No comments: