Wednesday, August 20, 2008

OUCH!

Went to pick up the girls at school today. Briana's teacher stopped me as I was walking in to tell me that Briana had been bitten today. She went on to tell me that they didn't see who did it, but that they had a pretty good idea of who it was (of course they can't tell me, even if they know). They asked Briana who did it, but she couldn't/wouldn't tell them at the time because she was so upset. Poor Jessica felt so bad and kept apologizing to me for the bite. I told Jessica that I was sure she'd be fine and that as long as they comforted and took care of Briana, I was really not upset with them (and honestly, I'm not). Usually I'm signing the notes because Briana is biting someone, so I was just glad that the story wasn't that she bit someone else very badly. Any hoo - It never really even crossed my mind how bad a bite it was, even though Jessica kept telling me it was a bad one...until I picked up Briana and she showed me. Here's her bite:
Now, Briana tells me that it was a boy and his name is Dustin/Justin/Justus. I'll have to check to see if there is someone named any of those three names or something similar in her class (only because I'm curious). I know that Briana is by far the youngest in her class (most of her classmates are turning 3), so I am also hopeful that Dustin/Justin/Justus is moving up to the Preschool I class on Monday. And I'm really hoping that this taught her a valuable lesson that biting hurts and maybe she'll stop...hey, I can hope, can't I?! And don't you worry - Briana's got an older sister and is quite skilled in the art of getting even - when you least expect it. Maybe I should warn Dustin/Justin/Justus.....

No comments: