Monday, October 13, 2008

Party time

We had a great weekend this past weekend. It sure was busy, but it was fun. On Saturday, the girls and I went to Megan's 6th birthday party and to Cale's 5th birthday party. Both parties were great fun. I have to brag on Brooke. During Megan's party, she helped Briana in and around every one of the bounce house obstacle courses and played with her little sister. It was the sweetest thing and it wasn't forced. Briana got in one of them, and I asked Brooke to go help her get out and the next thing I knew, both girls were coming down the slide. Briana was cracking up having a great time playing with her big sister and I was so proud of Brooke for helping Briana up the steps. Of course, she got major props for that and we even let her pick a prize out of the prize closet.

Megan getting ready to blow out her candles; Colin and Briana had a great time jumping in one of the bounce houses and Brooke & Briana coming down one of the slides.
After we left Megan's party, it was time to head to Cale's party.
Brooke was the only girl in a party full of boys (except for some sister's in attendance). But she loved it. These guys are all her best buddies. As soon as we walked in to the room, all her friends yelled, 'Brookie!' and all the moms kept telling me that she's the only little girl their son talks about. Of course, the other girls in her class are much more into princesses and dainty things and she'd rather be running or doing something far more active than just playing dress up (though she does have her girly moments). They gave the kids their game cards and the kids were off! Brooke ran to the rides and video games with Jackson, Dylan and Roman in tow.
Jackson's little sister was there too and Macy is Briana's favorite friend, so that was a nice treat for her (and me!).
Brooke got to see Cale, Jackson, Dylan, Keegan, Roman and Matthew. She had a blast. After we ate and had cake, we stuck around and played a little longer. It was very fun. At the end, Briana and I got on the carousel with Macy, Jackson, Brooke and Roman. That was the fastest carousel I have ever been on. It was making me dizzy! Brooke & Roman played a couple of rounds of miniature golf before we left and Roman got TWO holes in one. I was impressed!
Oh, and it's a little hard to tell, but Briana managed to sport her UT outfit with some OU socks...see

1 comment:

Mrs. Bianca said...

I absolutely love the pictures of Brooke witht he boys! Adorable!