So, the girls and I were eating dinner and watching outside and chatting. When we noticed our neighbor's teenage daughter climbing on to the roof. I know, this sounds very peculiar, but it is a pretty regular occurrence in our neighborhood. The thing Roger and I can't figure out is how the heck she's getting up there. There is no ladder and the front of their house is fairly flat. The best we can come up with is that maybe she's climbing up the bricks that jut out on the entry way or she's climbing up by spreading her legs and arms out and scooching/jumping up. I'm impressed she manages to do it. Tonight she took her books up there to get some homework
done. Can't say I blame the girl for looking for a quiet spot, after all, she is the middle child in a house of 6 ranging in age from 20 to 7. But still, a little on the odd side. Nicest girl you'll ever meet though. Very friendly and sweet. Oh, and did I mention it's a 2 story house???
done. Can't say I blame the girl for looking for a quiet spot, after all, she is the middle child in a house of 6 ranging in age from 20 to 7. But still, a little on the odd side. Nicest girl you'll ever meet though. Very friendly and sweet. Oh, and did I mention it's a 2 story house???I snuck a picture from the kitchen window for proof....here she is sitting up there with her headphones on and reading her books. I suggested to Brooke that we nick name her Spider Girl, but Brooke decided she liked Bat Girl better.
2 comments:
That is truly unusual. I feel like it would be really uncomfy on the tail end of things...roof peaks aren't exactly soft!
ha ha...not so unusual for a middle child. I did it all of the time at all of our houses just to have my own spot. Imagine someone horribly afraid of heights, but willing that fear away long enough just to have a spot to get away. :)
Post a Comment