Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hi, My name is Sleepy....

OK, so I have to know if anyone else out there is like me. I'm starting to think there is something wrong with me. Seriously, between 9:30 and 10:00 every night, I am crashed asleep. Just ask Roger. I'll be awake watching some tv show or trying to catch up on my TiVo, then the next second sound asleep. It usually happens when I'm rocking the girls.

I get up between 5:30 and 6:00 every morning and seriously, I hit the ground running. I get myself ready, then wake the girls up and get them ready. Then we're off to school and work. I work out for 45 minutes in between dropping them off and getting to work, then I head in to the office. I'm usually back home by 5:30 and make dinner and then play with the girls in the evenings. I sit down at around 8:30 or 9:00 to start rocking the girls (yes, I still rock both of them, and I cherish every minute of it, because I know they are going to outgrown this one day soon) and I think some days I fall asleep before they do. Is that normal??? I'm pretty sure Roger would say it isn't, but he kindly just lets me sleep in the chair until I wake up and head to bed (at which point, it usually takes me 30 minutes to fall back to sleep). WHEN DID I GET OLD?! I used to make fun of Mom and Dad for doing this...it's not as funny any more.

2 comments:

Mrs. Bianca said...

it comes and goes with me. long days tend to do that to you, though. I used to go to bed at 2 or 3, but then I'd get up at 8 or 9. On the weekends I'd easily sleep in until 1 or 2 and lazy around all day.

Nowadays, I MUST go to bed by midnight. I honestly try to be asleep by 10 b/c 5:30/6 comes awfully early!

I completely understand. Thank God for comfy couches!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of rushed lives and getting older! :) I can tell you that it is because you are so busy or I can tell you that you inherited it from your mother's family. Stillness has a way of moving on our eyes and we are out. Get me horizontal and I'm gone, no matter what! I also could say, "this too shall pass" but it won't. It only gets worse!!