Consequently, they were also not especially quiet. They placed one fan in our living room, one in the hallway between the living room and the girls' room and one in the girls' room. I could barely hear the phone or doorbell ringing over the fans and tv was totally out of the question. We spent a lot of time 'avoiding' being at home. I could tolerate a couple of hours of the noise, but our poor kids could only take about an hour and a half and they would just melt into a ball of tears and fits. I think it was just total brain overload. We all slept in the master bedroom because it was the farthest from the fans. Finally, on Sunday I had just had enough of torturing my poor family (and was getting tired of finding places to hide) and I made the decision to unplug them when we were at home. It was nothing short of a miracle for us to have them unplugged. We were able to spend time playing at home and relaxing. We did leave them going each night while we slept (or attempted to sleep). Thankfully, they did the trick and dried the remaining wet spots in our sheet rock (no ugly brown rings/stains - yay!). The restoration company came this morning to measure the moisture and, I am happy to report, we are moisture free. They were able to haul away their fans. I'm not sure who was happier with this news - Roger and I or the girls.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Gale Force Winds
What a not so quiet weekend we had! On Friday, the restoration company came out to evaluate the house and found a few wet spots, so they left three Gale Force Air-movers. These things were huge and put out a lot of air (we're talking knocking pictures off the wall kind of air movement).
Consequently, they were also not especially quiet. They placed one fan in our living room, one in the hallway between the living room and the girls' room and one in the girls' room. I could barely hear the phone or doorbell ringing over the fans and tv was totally out of the question. We spent a lot of time 'avoiding' being at home. I could tolerate a couple of hours of the noise, but our poor kids could only take about an hour and a half and they would just melt into a ball of tears and fits. I think it was just total brain overload. We all slept in the master bedroom because it was the farthest from the fans. Finally, on Sunday I had just had enough of torturing my poor family (and was getting tired of finding places to hide) and I made the decision to unplug them when we were at home. It was nothing short of a miracle for us to have them unplugged. We were able to spend time playing at home and relaxing. We did leave them going each night while we slept (or attempted to sleep). Thankfully, they did the trick and dried the remaining wet spots in our sheet rock (no ugly brown rings/stains - yay!). The restoration company came this morning to measure the moisture and, I am happy to report, we are moisture free. They were able to haul away their fans. I'm not sure who was happier with this news - Roger and I or the girls.
Consequently, they were also not especially quiet. They placed one fan in our living room, one in the hallway between the living room and the girls' room and one in the girls' room. I could barely hear the phone or doorbell ringing over the fans and tv was totally out of the question. We spent a lot of time 'avoiding' being at home. I could tolerate a couple of hours of the noise, but our poor kids could only take about an hour and a half and they would just melt into a ball of tears and fits. I think it was just total brain overload. We all slept in the master bedroom because it was the farthest from the fans. Finally, on Sunday I had just had enough of torturing my poor family (and was getting tired of finding places to hide) and I made the decision to unplug them when we were at home. It was nothing short of a miracle for us to have them unplugged. We were able to spend time playing at home and relaxing. We did leave them going each night while we slept (or attempted to sleep). Thankfully, they did the trick and dried the remaining wet spots in our sheet rock (no ugly brown rings/stains - yay!). The restoration company came this morning to measure the moisture and, I am happy to report, we are moisture free. They were able to haul away their fans. I'm not sure who was happier with this news - Roger and I or the girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment