Monday, June 16, 2008

The new 'do'

I took Brooke to the salon yesterday to get her hair cut. At every visit, I ask her how she wants her hair cut - just her bangs cut, no bangs, cut the back, don't cut the back, etc. Ordinarily, she gets her bangs trimmed and the back trimmed up and that's it. She only wants the minimum cut off the back (soooo my child with that-I remember being that same way as a kid). Here was our conversation on the way to the salon yesterday:
Me: "How do you want to get your hair cut today?"
Brooke: "Short"
Me: "Really? The back short? How short?"
Brooke: "The back to here (holds her hand at the top of her neck)"
Me: "Really?! Ooookay. You really want the back cut, not just your bangs?"
Brooke: "No, the back cut to here. (again, same spot on the neck)"
When we got to the salon, I got a book and picked out three pictures of varying lengths of hair (still not entirely certain she understood that her hair would be gone and just how short she was showing me). One at shoulder length, one about mid-neck level and one just below the girl's ears. I let her look at them and asked her to pick the one she wanted her hair like. She picked the last of the three, so off we went to cutting it....
Going in to the salon....
Before the hair cut selection and cutting process...The stylist's finger is where she is going to begin cutting. We figure she cut off around 4-5 inches.
Her new do...Brooke LOVES her short hair. And when I asked her what made her decide to cut it off, she said, "I just wanted to try something different." Is this my child?! Experimenting with her hair styles at the age of 4...I'm pretty sure that trait didn't come from me!

We like the new style too - it's very cute and very spunky. It fits Brooke to a 'T'.

3 comments:

Wolfe Blog said...

I love your new do, Brooke!! My hair is about the same length and I love it!

I love that she already has an adventurous fashion side!

The Moose said...

I LOVE it on her!!!! It's so precious! My 4yo niece cut her hair short recently too and she just bobs along like she's a hot mama.... Cracks me up!

Mrs. Bianca said...

adorable 'do for summer!